Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I go done it all today!!

Got woken up by the lovely Kneejerk at 6:30am today. I'm going to miss her when she moves south of me and is no longer in close neighbour vicinity. I suppose I'll still be able to run with her but will have to hike my car over to her place ... but the advantage is she lives by the Mont-Royal so the scenery will be prettier. Oh, disadvantage is that it would always be hill-running. No bother - she's still one of my fave running partners 'cause she gives me wake-up calls and slows down for me :-) So I ran a slow 10k today - an hour.

Managed to squeeze in a 40 min. swim today inbetween my commitments. Not bad. Tired though, like how I felt during the run. But after a short warm-up, I managed a 1 km swim followed by lots of faster laps and some cool sprinting at the end. Felt powerful! Yay! I haven't been able to swim since last Thursday.

Then a painful physio session with nifty heat pads at the end. Excuse me, do you think you could wrap my whole body in those, please? I think my physiotherapist wonders how I'm able to do all this training with this much injury still ... sheer will power, babe ... mixed in with some stupidity too.

Tri group bike ride. Erik, the coach, took us to a schoolyard to practice moving in a peloton. It was really hard at first, but got easy with every lap. We all got a little dizzy but bonded as a team. I'm still afraid of cornering. EEK! Then after the practice, two of us climbed Camilien Houde. It was faster and easier this time (still real hard though) and of course, I was out of breath at the top. Made my way down on the other side of Mont-Royal out onto Cote-des-Neiges then into the neighbourhood behind UQAM, a French university, to do a few much smaller hills. Just love those downhills though. Braking is a little scary though ... Total bike session = 2 hours.

So almost 3 hours training ... not bad. I felt fatigue in my legs from yesterday's hard cycle though! I will sleep well tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home