Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Irish Bailey's Cream on the rocks is delicious!

I couldn't get to my blog last night. Was out enjoying the beautiful weather catching up with a buddy on a terrace downtown. Ahhhh ....

Anyway, here's what I did yesterday:

I went to my tri pool practice and found out it was sprint night. Ugh. We started with some drills that were foreign to me, and even more foreign since the coach had written their names in French on the board. Try translating an unknown word into an unknown drill. Yeah, right ... I struggled through translating them into water. I actually ended up doing better with the sprint intervals. Better in that I understood what to do, not better as in speed, which I have a proficient lack of.

With my swimming and as with my running, I don't like that huffy-puffy-I'm-going-to-die feeling. 'Cept with running, there is no chance of drowning.

Made it through 50 min. of swimming. Yay!

Off to home afterwards followed shortly afterwards by a 45 min. run around the neighbourhood. I wasn't too sure what would happen and almost gave up not even a half kilometer into the run - my quads were hurtin' from Sunday's long run which is double what I've been averaging recently in training. Serves me right for not following the 10% increase rule!

But I am tenacious, and as my quads started loosening up, I started gaining speed ... and it felt GOOD! Made me feel STRONG!! ROOOAARRR!!! I am IRONWOMAN!!! Besides which, I felt obliged to follow the program that Dirk, my IM trainer lovingly worked so hard to put together for me. I finished off with three sets of 30 sec. sprints and walked one minute recovery in between each.

Dirk, was I supposed to jog for recovery?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home