Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wet, wet, wet !!

Finally got a decent night's sleep last night ... aaahhhh! 8 hours, not a whole lot but way better than what I was averaging for last week. I could have slept longer, but alas, I had a busy day ahead of me and lots of stuff to do.

Finally got to train at the end of the day - 1.25 hours bike. Met some guys from my tri group to cycle in the rain. We climbed Camilien Houde, the hard way up our little mountain, Mont Royal ... it was hard, but worth it! I put my bike into the smallest gear to spin faster, but realised soon enough that I needed more gears to make it easier but didn't have any, so I had to stand up. Got up to the top without stopping - what a sense of accomplishment! I confess ... I've driven over this way in my car several times and been in awe of the cyclists who climb this - it has always intimidated me. But at the end of our big loop, I was ready to repeat the climb but it was late and getting even darker ... I'm looking forward to more hills! ROAR!!!

Then when I got home, I took a short 10 min. break to change clothes and make some calls. Then back out into the pouring rain to run 45 min. Dirk had told me that my legs would lose that heavy elephant feeling that I had when I upped my cycling and he was right. No heaviness - my legs actually felt light and springy considering the climbs I had just done on my bike. I feel like I'm actually running faster too! Finished off the run with some intervals as per my new nifty training schedule.

I quickly wolfed down some amazing gels at home that taste and feel like jello (thanks again, Dirk) and off I went to the pool for a quick half hour swim. Boy was I glad to finally get home to eat some supper at 10:30pm. Famished!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the library chick says most excellent day for you, I G, go go go...

6:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home