Monday, May 15, 2006

Some days I just don't feel like it ...

On the training schedule Dirk gave me, I was supposed to swim an hour to an hour and a half. Ugh. After my very painful physio appointment, I made an early supper because I was starving. And of course, I had to have a cup of tea after. My mistake. Me and my very full belly looked at the clock and said we're never going to make it to swim practice on time. So I told myself that I would go later ...

Later came and later went until it became almost too late. I felt warm and cuddly inside my house, and it was dark, cold and rainy outside ... OH! I dragged my lazy butt over to the neighbourhood pool.

There are days that one just doesn't feel like training and tonight was one of those days. The fatigue and lack of sleep from last week as well as the late night from G.'s 50th B-day party Sunday caught up with me, and without the adrenaline rush of Saturday's race, I felt like I was swimming V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y. I wasn't actually that slow in comparison to the others though, with the exception of the super slim Mr. Zippy whom I watched underwater to try to figure out his secret. I don't get it ... his legs seemed to be flailing everywhere! Hmmm ...

So just a very long 45 min. swim for me tonight ... ugh. Had to force it, but it's done. Going to bed early tonight, finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home