Sunday, March 26, 2006

I can't believe that woman!

I was driving back home from the pool with the kids and stopped at a red light behind another car that wanted to turn right, like me. The light turned green and the car in front of me didn't move. I noticed that the head of the driver was down between the front seats and thought, "Alright, a distracted driver who hasn't realised that the light's turned green", and honked gently. The car finally turned after a few more seconds of "fiddling".

I passed the car and noticed the driver was smoking AND talking on her cell phone. My empathy for her distraction at the previous light completely vanished. We stopped at the next light and I looked over. Still talking and still smoking, the driver checked out her make-up and touched up her face in the mirror. I rolled my eyes in my mind. End of story.

I forced my wretched body to wake up early this morning to do some writing before the kiddies got up. After breakfast, we drove to SkiBromont for our last precious snowboard outing this season. Not too much "snow" left but it was a beautifully mild day, and albeit the moguls everywhere, we still enjoyed our limited number of runs down the slopes. Lots of work navigating all those humps, the sticky slush held us back like flies caught in a web. Toulouse said he used muscles that he never used before. I laughed - one really did have to grip hard with the quads and keep low, that or fly unexpectedly over each hump. Yeah, with my neck and back, that would have been good for recuperating, wiping out and tumbling down the slope. I am proud to say that today, I stood my ground and did not fall :-)

We made our way back into the city to dip into the pool for half an hour. The kids enjoyed this brilliant idea of splashing about to relax after the boarding. I did too, but there was only so much I could do in "half" a pool. My laps were kept short, so I didn't even try counting, just worked on g-l-i-d-i-n-g. I read somewhere that several short swims are better for improving than a few long ones. I totally agree.

I bought a new cordless phone to which I can attach my headset. I am told that I sound like I'm talking through a big pipe. I figure that I probably sound like I'm in a big hall and there's just way too much reverb. Basically, I sound bad and there's lots of white noise too that comes from who-knows-where. Don't buy the new Motorola digital phone, folks. You might not care about how my new phone sounds as you read this, but you will next time we talk.

Oh my gosh, it's past 10pm! I have a date with Mr. SB and Gray's Anatomy and I'm late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home