Thursday, March 23, 2006

I think I need 39 hours in a day

Can't believe yet once again how the day has flown by ... and what have I accomplished? So much running around and what do I have to show for it besides some nifty new boxers and swim trunks for my sons, which they are keen to try out, and two clean batches of laundry. I tell you folks, I don't know how they used to do it in the pioneer days when they used to make all their own soap and bread and butter, and wash all their clothes by hand.

Talking about baking bread, I think that's what I'm going to surprise my kids with tomorrow morning. A nice hot fresh loaf of bread. Thank you Mr. Bread Machine. It was a fad a while back (do you remember?) and my friends who had owned it previously to me realised that this fad had no place in their lives. My kids and I were all too happy to adopt Mr. Bread Machine and he has since shared many wonderful meals and snacks with us :-)

I wanted to do some cycling tonight, but read above ... two clean batches of laundry, one of which is waiting to be folded before I hit the hay. I sat down on the couch not long ago to relax and within a few minutes, fell asleep sitting up. Then the darned buzzer on the clothes dryer went off. I hate that obnoxious thing. It gets stuck and doesn't turn off unless I turn the dial to the end of the next setting, so I actually can't even let the dryer go by itself anymore unless I'm there to turn it off.

Pardon, did I hear you ask me a question? What did I do for training today? I barely slipped in a half hour swim before an afternoon appointment. I swam about a kilometre or more with warm-up and cool down. Good swim, shoulder felt better. The breathing's finally getting comfy, like I'm just taking a walk. Can't wait until I get faster. Feel the water I've been told, that's the secret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home