Sunday, March 26, 2006

Another evening on the couch ...

Around midnight, after baking zucchini bread and laundry and cleaning the bathroom and washing the floors and putting down the kids, I decided I would lie down just for a half hour, a wee little nap to refresh me so that I could finish everything else.

Wow, lo and behold, even with setting and resetting my alarm a zillion gazillion times and hoping to get up and be productive at some odd hour of the morning/night, only now am I awake and functional. And that is with the loose translation. I have still had less than seven hours sleep, my nose is runny (is this my son's cold?) and I have not just my copy work to finish, but some documents to prepare for tomorrow's meeting and lunch to pack for snowboarding today and supper to prepare and marinate. Well, at least the kiddies are still sleeping ... so I have some quiet time.

So, Mr. SB did not get a visit from me. I don't know why he's still friendly with me, I've been standing him up right, left and centre.

Mr. Pool is loving me though ... Went for a short dip with the kids and got in a solid 40 min. I'm getting quite good at that one kilometre non-stop swim. I will have to try for a non-stop 2km swim soon :-) I ran into M, another swimmer/marathoner, at the pool and he was impressed with the new triathlon team bathing suit ... no more holes! We made jokes about it faking out the other swimmers who watch me do endless laps ... making them think I was a "real" swimmer ... Ha! Ha! No, no, I'm just a fake Ironwoman!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home