Tuesday, March 21, 2006

In your opinion, do you think a hole in the head is beneficial?

Was busy writing all day, since the sun came up this morning ... yes, I do that on the side sometimes, write. In fact, I do a whole bunch of different things, everything on the side of course. Mainly creative. Mainly dealing with people.

I'm actually quite a hermit these days and have been working too much to really "get out" and enjoy life and relax. I'm still trying to find that precarious balance of work, life, and training. Imagine slipping in the kids aspect too when they're "with me". I think the work aspect is winning hands down these days. That's alright though. Greta, my new little putt-putt, is expensive. But everything's a matter of perspective, right?

Anyway, as you figured, I was too busy to do the training I really wanted to do today. Though I still slipped in an hour and 20 min. session, I feel like I cheated. I wanted to go visit Mr. Pool this afternoon, but work came first. But I eventually managed to slip away from my computer and telephone and replace "dinner time" with a spinning class with my triathlon group, sprints and hills included, long hills. It was good except for ...

Alright kiddies, all together now ... can we say "strained hamstring"? How about "butt cramp"? Ugh.

Finished off my misery with a refreshing 20 min. dip in the pool. It would have been longer except that the lifeguards were shutting it down for the evening. Tonight was a good night for swimming. I felt like I could have gone on forever, probably because I was already warmed up from the cycling and my heartrate had not yet gone back down completely. And my transition in the locker room was as quick as I could make it.

Alright, I have a general question for you folks ... Who out there finds creative writing tedious or arduous, even frightening? I'm just curious, probably because from time to time, I meet those who do feel that way, and that's something I've never encountered. Good thing that I don't have a hole in my head ... all the words I have inside me would leap out and probably scare you, just by the sheer quantity of stuff I can come up with without too much thinking, like all this dribble right now ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home