Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My little Greta became a star today!!

What a very busy 24 hours I've had. Was on a late conference call for work until way past midnight then had to work on a copywriting contract that I landed. I gave up a little after 3:30am and said, "I have to get some sleep." I lay down and in what felt like just a few minutes later, heard my alarm clock go off. I hit the snooze button. When it went off the second time, I looked up at the clock and read "4:23". Alright, alright, no more pressing of that snooze button allowed. I got ready quickly for my "other work" and then spent a few minutes typing in the last few sentences of what I had been working on before I went to bed and hit "send".

I arrived on set just a tad late, at 5:15am. "Blades of Glory" was shooting in the Old Port. I couldn't believe how many extras we were today! It took me 45 min. just to get through the sign-in line.

Alright, let's jump forward a bit. I saw Will Farrell. He's tall. Even taller on skates, and he was oh-so-close to my little car Greta and I (because his scene involved passing behind us as we passed him). We had been hired as a tag team for this particular day of shooting. Don't know why we got chosen ... right time, right place, cute names? Well, Greta ended up being in the shot with Mr. Farrell, over and over and over again ... different camera angles, ya know! I'm so proud of her. She got to share screen time with Will Farrell and did not get an inflated ego! And she didn't jump up and down on the couch either!

So that's my day. Twelve hour shoot. Tired, but I got to snooze a bit in the car after lunch and that did me some good .... don't know how I would have made it through the day without some shut-eye.

What do I do when I'm exhausted? Go swimming! I read that certain IM workouts are to be done when tired to get used to pushing oneself.

I met up with my tri team in the pool and warmed up quickly. I hadn't been to a swimming practice with my team since early February and I thought we would be doing the usual set of drills, but no ... Erik. my trainer announced that we would be doing a 1000m test. Great, really great ... me who hasn't really swum much since before the accident, and especially not this distance. I tried not to think about it too much and off I went.

Not bad, not bad ... I've lost some speed but I made it through and even included a bunch of flip turns. 23:23. I felt so encouraged, I stuck around after practice and swam some more. Yay, another two sets of 1000m. One got interrupted though by an upset woman. Some guy had been rude to her in the "medium" lane, booted her out for being too fast. She noticed that I had recently changed to the "fast" lane and asked if I too had been ousted by his rudeness. What do you know ... looks like the man wearing black gloves didn't like being passed by women? Hmph! Another swimmer empathised with us telling us he's seen all sorts of things happen in the pool since the twenty years he's been going there.

But has he ever seen a man wearing black gloves in the pool?

Alright ... total swim mileage ... 3.3km. Not bad, not bad for a woman in dire need of sleep. At least the workout tonight boosted my confidence that I'll be able to cover the 3.86km swim for the Ironman.

The friend that I'm hanging out with as I write this just made a joke and called me a dork ('cause I blog, etc.):

  • dork: a dull stupid fatuous person [syn: jerk]

I told him I'm not a dork, I'm a geek.

There you have it, the truth comes out ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Silly Sally said...

Got an e-mail from a swimmer friend ... no, these are not fist gloves. They looked more like cycling gloves. Anyone else have any suggestions?

1:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home