Sunday, January 08, 2006

Didn't you get the memo this morning?

I woke up, stretched, and immediately felt the effects of the previous night's Butterfly. Well, small price to pay for a little piece of exhilaration.

David and I arrived this morning at the bottom of the mountain path and found the others already waiting. Grommit and Chops were stunning dressed in sunflower yellow, while Roly and JoeBoxter looked gorgeous in royal blue. Grommit was ecstatic that David too was dressed in blue and the men took a few minutes to bond over their incredible fashion sense.

Let's run, I said ...

Beautiful sunny day to run, so pretty how the snow covered the trees. A little on the cold side but the hard work uphill quickly had me rolling my ski mask up onto my head. The mountain clamoured with activity. Lots of runners, cyclists, and skiers.

Obviously not eating breakfast, getting only 3 1/2 hours sleep, and a late night rendez-vous with Mr. SB is not conducive to fresh mountain-running legs. Were it not for JB's insistence and my rubber arm, I would not have run the 13.2k that I did - thanks JB. Felt like I took a quarter step backwards though with every step forward in the squishy slippery snow. Ugh. JB and I stayed on the main path while the others ran off into the woods, losing Roly amongst the trees, but he eventually caught up with the rest of us on the way back down the mountain. We all finished in fine form - good run and I'm happy to have done it.

Afterwards, I felt the run in my hips and quads a bit. Haven't felt that for a while ... Noticed it moreso while doing some swing dancing at a friend's house later that evening. It's great to have friends that cook well and feed me and dance with me :-)

David, who is not a runner but a cyclist, told me that he didn't feel the run at all in his legs. Drat these natural athletes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home