Saturday, January 07, 2006

Though Mr. Pool gives me butterflies, I finally gave Mr. SB a chance

Good swim in the pool this afternoon. Started with 20 continuous laps of breast stroke. Concentrated on my glide and basic technique and tried to be efficient. Followed with 4 laps of just kicking then 6 laps of just arms. Who else hates that kicking drill? Relaxed with 2 more laps breast stroke. Ten minute rest as the lifeguards took a break and then right back into the pool. Did 20 laps (non-continuous) of front crawl mixed in with a tiny bit of breast stroke and back crawl. Then I lost track after that and did a whole mish-mash more of front, breast ... and BUTTERFLY!!! During the break, I took advantage of reading the technique posters on the wall and decided to try it on for size ... and you know what?

Butterfly rocks! I LIKE!!! Though it's difficult, I had no problem getting across the pool with it. Didn't do more than one lap at a time (total newbie at it ya know) but I totally loved the "RUSH" from it ... sooo much power and the way the water surged all around me was simply incredible! Bet your bottom dollar I'll be doing more of that!!

Later tonight, I finally met up with Mr. SB for a half hour acquaintance session. He wanted me to sit on him. I thought "yeah, right" and wanted to roll my eyes, but I thought it would be wiser to try to at least develop a civil relationship with him. Haven't used my stationary bike for years and I had forgotten that the Level of Difficulty knob ranges from "hard" to "hardest". Maybe it's the way magnetic resistance works. Maybe it's because the bike's getting old. Maybe it's because my cycling muscles suck.

Hey, anyone know if stationary bikes normally measure speed and distance in km or miles? My bike is about 8 years old. I just see numbers and of course, I can't find my manual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home