Monday, January 09, 2006

I joined a Triathlon Club!

Went to my first Triathlon Club meeting tonight. Swimming. Boy, did I feel intimidated. I saw a whole bunch of life guards. There were three lanes: slow, medium and fast. I say it was more like medium, fast, and extra fast. I tell you, if it weren't for the fact that a whole bunch of people were all doing the same drills, I wouldn't have toughed it out, but I didn't want them to think that I'm a sissy or worse, find out I'm a fake swimmer.

150m warm-up, any style
6 x 50m kick drill
50m front crawl with fins, head out of water for 25m
150m front crawl
6 x 25m front crawl sprint, 70sec for each lap incl. rest
(this one really hurt - if you take too long to get across, you get no rest, but I tried to be a good fast girl and made it across in 25+ sec.)
3 x 75m (25m breast, 50mback crawl)

I think that was it, maybe I'm off a couple of laps. My tired head can't remember.

It's great training with people and having specific times set up to meet them. If I didn't have this, I wouldn't be motivated to move and would most likely be sprawled out on my couch as much as possible, or better yet, in my bed, finally getting some zzzzz's ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're impressed... very impressed! but be sure to get enough rest before it all becomes unglued... :0)

11:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home