Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Gotta have a goal!

One thing about not having any particular races to train for is ...

I get L-A-Z-Y.

Well, not lazy with life things, I'm never that ... just lazy with training. It's something about all that miserably drab and gray winter weather that prompts me to stay inside where it's warm and cosy, where my bed will cuddle me during impromptu naps and long restful nights, and where my couch will willingly accept a visitor to settle down and watch a flick on the tellie.

Ahhh ....

Alright, gotta kick my butt, get out and MOVE!

But first, just let me take care of these work contracts, planning out my mega charity project, redoing the look of my website, playing with the kids, catching up with friends ... you get the point. Never a dull moment in my life - who has time to get bored!?

Saw my friend JC yesterday. Got to talking about training, i.e. how I would be able to run a 10k just like that even with my training hiatus. Heck, why not a half marathon just out of the blue. Hmm, would I be able to run a full marathon? Oh sweet darling, you know I would. This would be a ridiculous endeavour without any training but heck, "Would I" or "Should I" are two different animals and I don't recognize the latter.

Anyway, I am sure I would make it a blast and would be oh-so-happy to have that nice shiny medal at the finish line ... Hey, any marathons coming up this weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home