Thursday, January 18, 2007

Late Night, No Sleep

It's one of those nights when I should be sleeping but I just ain't! I think it may have something with the wickedly late hours I've been keeping for the past few nights. I should be more tired but I think I missed the window of opportunity much earlier today and now the adrenaline has kicked in.
Well, at I'm being productive. I've been on my computer "catching up". Ugh, nothing more fun than going through e-mails and trying to figure out what still needs responding or deleting. Started cleaning up my inbox, still have lots more to look at. Still have 401 messages in it. Then it'll be the sendbox where I have another 1076 messages to save or chuck. And that's just for one of my accounts.

I am a total computer geek girl.
And I am so happy that at Christmas time, I got some little novelty items from the Christmas crackers we opened before supper. Miniature Rubik's Cubes. I was such a geek girl in high school too (I haven't changed, have I?) and carried one around with me all the time. I used to be able to solve it so quickly. I can't do more than the first layer now. There must be the answer out there on the net somewhere ...

So I went to the pool tonight. The neighbour rang at my door and warned me that the tow trucks were starting to remove the cars from the road for snow clearing. Around and around I went, no parking, so I decided to go off to the pool! Figured I would have tried to get out later anyway, and why not this moment? The parking Goddess gave me a spot right by the YMCA. A good omen.
I slipped into the pool and was again, like usual, in total wonder that I can still swim. Swam 40 laps straight. Wanted to swim another 20 laps, but got a wicked toe cramp that wouldn't go away and had to bail when I had only done another 16.

So there we have it. Total pool workout = 56 laps
By the way, it is not advisable to leave your swim bag in the car in below freezing weather for long periods. All my toiletries were frozen.

Now if it weren't so friggin' freezin' outside, I'd be tempted to start up my running as well ... Doh, just checked the weather. I'll have no excuse for tomorrow. Gonna be a super nice day! YAY! Not like that -24.1C temperature we had Wednesday, without counting the windchill. BRRR ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home