Friday, December 22, 2006

I talked about it and now it seems that everyone else wants to talk about it too ...

In my last blog post, I wrote about leaving one's comfort zone. Funny, last night I had supper with my friend, DC, and he brought that exact subject up in conversation. In fact, since I posted, several friends have brought up that subject too on the phone. And then while putting up my Christmas tree in the wee hours of the morning, two ladies on some talk show on the tellie were being interviewed about planning to do just that, leave their comfort zones to go on a "journey" that had been calling them for some time.

I think my comfort zone is actually in taking risks. I get bored quite easily and love a challenge. I am so used to turbulence that when I don't have any, things feel static. I like when things change. I feel comfortable when things get shaken up ... it's exciting. Nothing too much though, turmoil is not a good thing, especially emotional turmoil. But heck, it's not like I've never experienced that ... I always land on all four paws.

Everything in life is transitory.

I remind myself of this when I am living a difficult moment. I take a deep breath, hang on, and realise that everything must change. And with time, I know I will get through it, stronger and wiser, with faith that the universe will open a door to a better and more beautiful moment.

Take a listen to Oleta Adams singing "Everything must change". The 30-sec sample doesn't do the song justice though, cuts off the actual title words of the song, but you get the gist of how haunting the song and how truly incredible Oleta's voice is. I'll have to repurchase this album which got stolen years back along with a lot of other goodies ...

Everything must change
Nothing stays the same
Everyone must change
No one stays the same

The young become the old
And mysteries do unfold
Cause that's the way of time
Nothing and no one goes unchanged
There are not many things in life
You can be sure of
Except rain comes from the clouds
Sun lights up the sky
And hummingbirds do fly

Winter turns to spring
A wounded heart will heal
But never much too soon
Yes everything must change

The young become the old
And mysteries do unfold
Cause that's the way of time
Nothing and no one goes unchanged

There are not many things in life
You can be sure of
Except rain comes from the clouds
Sun lights up the sky
And butterflies do fly

Rain comes from the clouds
Sun lights up the sky
And music
And music
Makes me cry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home