Monday, December 04, 2006

Bad day for the old injury ...

Since my car accident, I've had problems with my left arm. I knew something was really wrong when I had trouble lifting it and keeping it up. I couldn't hold my cell phone up to my ear or even keep it up to hold the bottom of the steering wheel while driving.

The physiotherapist has done a lot of work on this problem caused by nerve damage in my neck but every once in a while my neck gets really bad and my arm is once again heavy and achey. Today is one of those days. Even holding the weight of my purse was difficult. Wish my injuries would go away. Sigh.

So today my morale feels a little low and I don't feel like training. But I've decided to be productive and do some tidying in the office.

Came across my sewing kit and noticed one of its small drawers completely stuffed with safety pins, though I don't ever remember buying any. Then it dawned on me ... I've been saving my safety pins from all the bibs of races I've done.

It's a good thing I don't run local 5 and 10k races or I'd need a new sewing kit with bigger drawers. Preferring to travel to race cuts down on my safety pin collection and in fact, I have rarely run a race in Montreal, only two ... Montreal Half Marathon in April 2003 and a 5k walk at the Montreal Festival de la Santé 2005 with my kids.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope ya feelin better.... i'll call

9:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home