Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!


I can't believe this week is just whipping by! Busy, but at the same time, relaxing. Kids were happy to get a chance to play on the super old Nintendo I have ...


Christmas was full of typical delicious indulgent fare and cool presents, like this super nifty running headlamp ... Thanks KillerChops! I will now be able to run on the mountain at night. Grommit, did you read that?

I have definitely eaten too much and slept too little. Too many late nights, and to top it off, this miserable cold that I have is not helping. Alright, alright, I will make one New Year's resolution ... get back to a regular training program. Dirk, my trainer and good friend from Miami, called me up and wants me to do Ironman Kentucky with him ... Hmmm ... it's only a 10-hour drive away ...

Christmas day, the kiddies and I drove to Bromont with my friend DC to check out the slopes. Beautiful day, crisp but not cold, sun shone brightly. So strange to see grass covering most of the mountain except where they were making snow. We shouted "YAY!" as we successfully slid off the first lift up. It has not been uncommon for us in the past to tumble together in a huge loser-like mound, twisting various body parts in ways they shouldn't. Happily, I can now say we finally mastered getting off the lift :-)

So much fun to snowbard again ... and planning a lot more of it this winter. Snow was granular and sometimes too deep, very slippery at times, but well worth the trek since there was hardly anyone else out, therefore no wait at the lift! Can't wait until my quads get back into shape and I can go down the slope without so much b-u-r-n ...

It was a special day yesterday ... I turned 29 again! How cool is that?! Enjoyed the day tremendously with friends and family and more delicious food!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Cool kidz!
J :)

5:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home