Thursday, November 02, 2006

Getting ready for NYC ...

I've decided what I'm going to do to make this next marathon in NYC memorable ... 'cept I'm not going to tell any of you! You will have to read my blog to find out ... but it will be a lot of fun. Expect pics. Lots of them.

Anyway, I was a good girl and got out for a short run tonight with GB. We even carbo-loaded for our 35 min. jaunt in the neighbourhood. I made some rotini with sauteed red peppers, pine nuts, green onion, and portabella mushrooms seasoned with garlic, chili flakes, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Delicious! What a nice evening ... even caught up on "my show" - Gray's Anatomy and also CSI. So rare that I take the time out to watch some television so it was a nice change of pace.

I tried to watch some telly last night too after my shoot on "Minuit le Soir", but with a tummy full of homemade pizza, I zonked out soon after it started. How disappointing to only wake up at the end of the show. I suppose I wasn't THAT disappointed though as I was able to continue sleeping on the couch afterwards, make-up still intact and contacts still in. I suppose I was tired after my very busy day and short half hour run before I went off to set. Ha ha ... just kidding ... I was tired from the all-nighter of work I pulled recently, not from filming which was the shortest shoot I've ever been on, only a little over four hours!

Here are some comments I've gotten recently to encourage me for this weekend's marathon:

"Best of luck this weekend. Show us that you can do the most for the least a la Silly Sally style."
- Turtleboy

"Just enjoy the ride... you've already fulfilled your quota of glory for one year."
- Mountmars

"Good luck in NYC this weekend SS, we'll all be thinking about you, maybe even look for you in the highlight reel! You can do it, those 11k long runs are gonna pay off giant dividends!!!"
- Joeboxter

"Good for you! Crazy for you. But good for you! Take the day as it comes. It's funny because most people with your training would blow off this event. But not you. You face it; you look at it as not a challenge but as a friend. And for that you will live life a little more fully than those forgoing the event. Enjoy New York City... and the marathon."
- Ussoccer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home