Thursday, October 12, 2006

St-Urbain's Horseman

Been on set working on a Canadian 2-part mini-series called St-Urbain's Horseman. Really boring long days but at the same time lots of fun. Period piece set in the early 1960's. Played a jury member with a bunch of nice people. Caught lots of zzzzz's between takes, unintentionally, of course!

We were filming downtown in the Masonic Lodge, corner of Sherbrooke and St-Marc, a mysterious building with few windows that I've eyed curiously ever since I moved to Montreal. Now I finally know what's inside. I think the Freemasons still hold meetings there but it was pretty well empty of anyone while we shot. Here's the big ballroom upon entering:


Most people mistakenly think the film industry is really glamorous. Nope - it's really difficult and can eat you up and spit you out and not one in which earning one's living comes easily. As an actor, this means long tedious days of waiting then having to be totally ready on cue, that is when and if you can get work. The countless not landing auditions would demoralise those who don't *want it* enough and even temporarily set back those who do. Just have to stay a little detached and learn to do other things to earn rent money.

Had to be on set yesterday for 5:45 am and today, I got to sleep in since I only started at 6:30 am. Cool.

I still have my cold but am feeling better ... starting to get some "real energy" back and didn't feel like dozing when I got home tonight. Just couldn't motivate myself to go out running though in the cold and rain either evening when I finally wrapped (film expression for "finish shooting".) Thought about swimming tonight after supper but figured total exhaustion at this point would not be wise. I want my cold to go away ENTIRELY!

Here are some pics of me with some of the other jury members. Thanks Heidi for being such a blast!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home