Sunday, September 17, 2006

Celebrate good times, c'mon!

Just finished baking another cake, a cake of champions. My CR buddies and I, and a bunch of my other friends, have lots to celebrate. My Ironwoman Journey, their races, birthdays, love, life, and happiness. And of course, the return of sunny, warm weather. How fabulous for a party!

Word of advice:
Do not mix Rice Krispie squares with your bare hands.

1) You will burn yourself. There is nothing hotter than burning wax except for melted marshmallows. When you realise this fact, it will already be too late.

2) Your hands will become clouds of gummy Rice Krispies and the only way to get out of this predicament will be to have your children or yourself eat your hands free or scrape them with a knife, which one can't do easily with burnt marshmallow cloud hands. My kids didn't seem to mind the snack. Hmmm ...

So that's it for now. No training today albeit the beautiful day, too much to prep for the weekend "fiesta" as my son called it. Got a walk in to the park though ... absolutely gorgeous today and surprisingly warm. KillerChops reminded me that I had raced in temperatures 10C warmer just a few weeks back. How quickly my memory deceives me ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home