Friday, August 18, 2006

I learned how to change a flat tire!

Confession:

Though I've been cycling since I was four years old, I've never changed a flat tire. I've actually only gotten one flat on my bike ever, and that was well over 10 years ago, but I had it changed at the bike shop. Something that has been bugging me during all my training this year is that I don't know how to change a flat tire and during all my rides, I've been fearful that that flat would finally happen ... until now ...

I should have sent my bike off to Penticton on Wednesday like I originally planned but I wanted to get in one last good cycle, which I failed in doing last night and this morning (um, where was that wake-up call that I needed?) So I thought, well, maybe I could slip in a short one before taking her down to the bike store to get boxed and shipped ... then while looking for a courier service, I quickly came to the realization that most services would only be able to deliver WAY TOO LATE FOR MY LIKING. Luckily after an hour of internet research and calling, I was able to find out that Purolator offered 4-day service for a reasonable amount. WHEW!!

So while at Cycles Technique, I got a lesson in changing a flat tire ... good idea, since I'm sure Murphy's Law would have applied during the bike leg of Ironman Canada, and Dirk told me that the bike support people might not get to me for 20 minutes or so ... why wait when I can finally do it myself?

The rest of the day was filled with work, including animating a bridal party where I had to kidnap the bride-to-be. Cool, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home