Wednesday, August 16, 2006

When crappy things happen to good people ... Part II

I heard a knock on my door this morning ... a friend of mine who had bad news. His car, being parked not too far away in my neighbourhood, had been broken into overnight. He was not happy.

I've never understood the mentality of theft or any of those other despicable things that human beings can do ...

So I tried to console him and help him figure out what he had to do to tackle this unexpected and unwelcome occurrence. He walked out later on with all his major cards cancelled and a long list of other things he'd have to take care of.

I've been robbed five times in Montreal. It has never been a pleasant experience and has always left me a little paranoid ... and I've been told that I'm not the only one who has had this happen to them this many times. Hope they catch the criminal, but knowing how the justice system works here, it's not likely. What that means is that thief is now ready to rob YOU or ME next.

Today's training:
Short swim - just 30 min. Had too much work to do today what with the unexpected emergency to deal with. Then a little 9k jog in the neighbourhood. I was supposed to run farther but I had food cooking in the oven and my left knee had a twinge left in it from last Sunday's cycle. Slightly painful, I could still run, but I decided I didn't want to push it and risk injury. The "big run" is coming up soon enough. Legs felt light and springy and fast ... could it be all the spinning I've been doing on my bike?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home