Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Welcome to my world ...

A friend of mine wanted to accompany me on my cycle tonight. I said "Sure, why not?" He didn't know what was coming. I tried to be nice and gentle and not make him suffer too much ... I didn't pedal for a good chunk of the 37.36 km we covered and went a good 5 - 10 km under my regular speed. Didn't want to kill him you know. Short ride for me, longest ride he's probably ever done on flat (he's a mountain biker).

He kept up a good show though and made it to the end, though he wasn't sure if he'd be able to walk the next morning. I personally think he did really well ... I really had the advantage:

1) I have a lighter bike.
2) I have thin racing tires. He has typical mountain bike knobbies.
3) I have clips and proper cycling shoes.
4) I have at least 2000 km of cycling in my legs accumulated in the last few months. He has zippity-doo-da.

What a good sport! Now he's anxious to get a road bike himself. I told him he'd be able to whup my a$$ next year, and he said no way 'cause I'd be into my second season of tri training. Hmmm ... I smell a challenge ...

Got home and after a short break to start supper, slipped on my new running shoes and went out for a little jaunt in my neighbourhood. No noodle feeling. AMAZING!! Legs were light and springy, as if I hadn't done a long cycle at all recently or even that short one just now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home