Saturday, April 01, 2006

Wouldn't it be nice if work never interfered with training?

Tried to do some work today, but felt more like playing. Met a friend for a late lunch and we feasted on Vietnamese noodles and Chinese egg tarts afterwards. Yummy. I love food. My friend chided me for the half dozen donuts I bought the other day and I explained that I've been having cravings for doughy sweet things during the past few weeks and had to satiate it. Then I told him about the huge zucchini "cake" that I had made recently too.

Alright ... my training today:

Short slow 4k run just to move the legs. I envisioned running the marathon portion of the Ironman and played with the idea of running in one of the Ottawa Race Weekend events.

Swim - well, this was supposed to be a "long swim" in the pool with my tri group this evening, but since the regulars weren't there because of a special swimming event during the day, Erik the coach, opted to work on drills. Cool. I hadn't been doing any really because it was still difficult for my neck. Between warm-up and cool down, drills and regular laps, I figure we covered almost 2k in an hour and 15. Not bad, but I feel tired now ...

Bedtime. I have to try to get into the good habit of hitting the hay early and getting 8 hours sleep. I don't think averaging 3-4 hours/night or less is healthy for anyone, especially for Ironwoman Wannabe's. Anyway, my neck hurts a bit and I have to rest it before tomorrow's morning run. Besides, I'll lose an hour's sleep with setting the clock ahead ... Don't forget now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of the Ottawa Race Weekend events, I was briefly flirting with the idea of doing the in-line half... Then I came to my senses. Maybe there is an eliptical half somewhere out there?

So did you have the vietnamese soup noodles or the fried ones? ;)

12:39 a.m.  
Blogger Silly Sally said...

I'm sure you would still beat me ... Rice noodles, JB had soup, I had satay. Yum yum.

1:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home