Friday, February 24, 2006

Um ....

Well, the temptation was too much for me today ... not too cold, and fresh powder ... The kiddies and I went snowboarding! Alright, before anyone chastises me, I took it really easy and didn't fall, well, except once when Gustav and I tumbled over one another getting off the chair lift, and the only injury I suffered was a little twist to my healing sprained ankle (ouch!) But it's alright now ... really!

For those shaking their heads and saying "tsk, tsk, tsk", snowboarding is actually quite a smoooth sport when not done maniacally, and the head doesn't move much either. Just had to make sure I didn't wipe out, and I didn't!! Tomorrow, we'll see how I feel but it sure was nice to get out in the fresh air finally ... Anyway, I had to take advantage of the rental car that the insurance company was allowing me. Next week, it'll be gone ... sniff, sniff.

Headache = almost gone (yay!)
Neck, back and shoulders = more tight than sore
Morale = Finally feeling BETTER
Insomnia = still there darn it! But let's see what happens tonight ...

One thing about driving on the highway today and seeing the 18-wheelers ... I think I know what saved me from being wedged under it during my accident - the spare tire that's kept in the middle just before the back set of tires. Though I don't feel as nervous driving as I did a few days ago, it's still freaky thinking about what happened, and especially today, being on the highway for the first time since the accident. Your life can complete change in a few split seconds ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home