Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Can't train if I've got two feet on ice!

I had a super fun time last night curling with my Meetin' group. I couldn't resist the offer of a free curling lesson given by a professional teacher, followed by a trial game. It's funny ... curling has been the butt of many a joke as long as I have known, and like bowling, it seems to occupy a lot of sports broadcasting time on Sunday afternoons.

I had to find out why.

I can easily say, after having a hilarious time and bruising my knee, that I have a new-found respect for this sport that requires flexibility, speed, strength, strategy and pinpoint precision. Who would have ever thought? Nope, it ain't so easy folks.

Me as skip, strategizing


JC had a super fun time as well!

Would I ever curl again? You bet ya! I'd just make sure to wear thermal socks next time ... brrr. Oh yes ... my team, The Terminators, won easy!

So no swimming last night, just a quick 28 min. jaunt around the neighbourhood before heading out, enough to get the blood flowing in the legs.

Earlier this evening, I did manage to slip in an 11k run. My legs felt heavy though from yesterday's many lunges as we learnt how to deliver the rock.

What did I do since my last post? Oh, my memory is failing me in my old age ... Thursday, a fast 750 m swim since JC's vegetarian lasagne and friends in from England beckoned me and Friday? Hmm, a short 30 min. run before the kids came home, then 55 minutes of cycling as we watched "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air".

I gotta get more organized with this training. A little over five months of training time left ...

Good thing is that the snow is finally melting outside and I am planning to take my mountain bike outside this week until the city has a chance to clean the debris off the street. Ain't no way I'm gonna subject Freida, my road bike to that kind of torture. Anyway, the knobby tires on my mountain bike are much better suited to handle the cracks and potholes in our Montreal streets created by an all too wicked winter.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home