Saturday, March 08, 2008

8-day headache ... ARGH!!!

It's been a difficult week. Traveled to Toronto to see my mom and help her out. Ran a short 6.25 km in the neighbourhood on Sunday. I seem to remember running in the neighbourhood as more exciting when I was a teenager.

Back to Montreal mid-week, and I STILL couldn't shake this headache that I've had since Saturday, even after physio and massage. Sigh. Totally not up to training. The headache has zapped all my energy.

Slipped in a 1300 m swim Friday afternoon followed by a short 5 km jaunt later that evening on the snowy slushy slippery sidewalks of my neighbourhood. Felt good to run. Felt less good when I almost wiped out on the corner of the street.

Today, the snow has been falling since this afternoon. It snowed last night too and it'll continue snowing throughout the night. I opened my door just a little while ago and the snow has already accumulated 2 feet deep and filled my big recycling box that had recently been emptied. Being snowed in today has made me me feel ... L-A-Z-Y ... alternately talking on the phone and catching up with friends, watching episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and even a short nap.

But perhaps this extra rest has been good for something ... good news is that my headache is finally gone, after 8 days and loads of medication! Time to celebrate with some cycling and a movie!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home