Sunday, March 16, 2008

Big black boxes

This has been my week so far ... Let's start with outside my door ...



Wait ... there's a much better way to sum this up. Here's a clip by a friend of mine:

A week after the "big" snowfall, the city is still engulfed in snow and only part of my street has been cleared ... sigh ... But at least someone loves me!

Last Sunday, I courageously ran through the snow so I could get to the pool. That was quite the feat! Short swim of 1000 m followed by the run back home. The 7 km run total through that slippery snow was enough.

The rest of the week passed in a blur. I've either been in a big black box or in front of a big black box every day this week. Rehearsal for the play Import/Export at the Hexagram space at Concordia University and the final crunch period before the launch of my charity team website.


Yes, we are now L-I-V-E !!

Now we are gearing up for our first event, Soul Travel, a photo journey through the eyes of Jonathan Clark.

Check it out here for more details! ('cause there is no way you can read the small print above).

Finally squeezed in some more training Friday. Just 1250 m but that's better than today (which was nada). I met a kinesiology student who is doing a work term at the YMCA where I swim. She's a champion long distance swimmer (i.e. 5 km). She told me that she can swim 25 m in 12-13 strokes. I swim it in about 17-18 strokes. She's only 5' tall. I'm 5'4".

It's all about technique, she told me.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger H said...

That is a lot of snow! That doesn't happen down here in GA.

11:40 a.m.  
Blogger Silly Sally said...

Snow is only good for snowboarding/skiing, tobagganing, and making snowmen. Bad for cycling ...

7:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home