Monday, May 12, 2008

Did I just lose a week?

Got back from Toronto and was up to my wahoosie catching up with Operation Triumph, play rehearsals, and life in general. Only thing I seemed to manage was a lack of sleep and cycling to rehearsal. But of course, rehearsal being only a measly 3km away this week meant a grand total of barely nothing in terms of cycling mileage ... so I don't think I'm going to count that 6 km/day I've been doing.

Friday, I managed to finally slip in a short 1600 yard swim. Let me convert this for you ... a grand total of 1.46304 m according to the handy conversion calculator on WorldWideMetric.

Saturday, I slipped in a 13k run. Ouch! I hadn't run for 2 weeks and my legs were sore the day afterwards!

Sunday, I cycled 23k, but this was up and over our mountain via Camilien Houde, the steep road that the cars snake through. I think the grade is 7-10% depending on which part of the road. I was surprised to make it in one go without having to stop to recuperate or whine or curse. I'm in better shape though than the first time I attempted this climb two years ago when I trained for Ironman Canada in 2006. Yay!

Feels good to get back to training after my post-Toronto catch-up session :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home