Sunday, April 27, 2008

And the winner is ...

Before Ironman Canada, I tried four different bike saddles and they all hurt, so I went back to the original one my friend Dirk put on my bike when he put the bike together for me.

Now, two years later, I am still having the same sensitive female soft tissue "issues" so I bought some new saddles to try a little while back. A Fizik Italian one at $75 and a cheapo one at $25.

And the winner is ...


The Fizik!

Well, it didn't solve all my "sensitive bits" issues but at least I didn't come out completely ... ahem .. shredded. My sit bones hurt of course since I'm still getting used to the saddle, but I'm sure that I'll callous up real good where I'm still being bothered in front. Still better though than that torturous ordeal I used to have to endure.

Total cycle = 40k

One thing for sure, I can always count on some sort of headwind during my out-and-back on the north shore ... false sense of power and speed one way, then BAM, wall of wind the other ... always a good workout!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home