Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Good-bye Mr. SB!!

Recently, I've felt the urge to purge, simplify my life. Possessions are just that, possessions, and what should they really mean to us? Nothing really ... they just make our lives easier or more interesting.

I decided to put some listings on Craigslist and within an hour, I had responses! The next day, an elderly gentleman came to pick up Mr. SB. He climbed on top of the seat and pedaled a bit ... "This is hard."

I tried not to let him take too much notice about Mr. SB's fallback. I responded, "Well, for sure, he's certainly not a spinner, he's not meant to go that fast ... a spinner bike costs at least $1000." The gentleman buyer lowered his offer, "40". I sighed inside ... "Alright, sold."

Then off he went, Mr. SB, with his new owner. I don't even know if he noticed. He can be obtuse sometimes. I wonder if he'll flirt with his new owner the same way he flirted with me?

Tonight, after a long day of rehearsals, I am pondering whether or not I should go for a swim ... or whether it would be wiser if I just went to sleep. The measly 5.8 km I cycled on my mountain bike to and from rehearsal was grisly and I felt exhausted during every centimeter of it. Why? 'Cause I have a miserable cold.

My week in review ...

Friday
Quick 1000m swim. Wanted to swim a bit longer but got booted out since the Juniors Club was starting.

Saturday
10.8 km run. Felt like way more. Coughed a bit afterwards ...

Sunday
I'd gone cycling with RN around Ile Bizard, a very lovely part of the West Island, just outside Montreal. He told me it was such a pleasant ride for him, so easy-going. I was dying. Mind you, my bike is heavier than his by a good 6-7 lbs. and the route we took was not totally flat. Then we followed the ride right after with a 6k run while the sun beat down on us and I suffered even more. Coughed a bit ... must be my asthma acting up ...

Later that afternoon, I had no choice but to take a catnap before going to a friend's birthday party where I ended up swing and blues dancing for more than three hours. Don't know how I did it since I could have happily spent the entire evening in bed snoozing ... good music does amazing things, doesn't it?

Monday
Day off!

Tuesday
What I'd thought was a bit of asthma bothering me since Saturday night had turned into a full-blown chest and sinus cold by that morning. Cough! Cough! Sniff, sniff ... I managed to make myself go to the pool but had to nix the cycling. Though I felt fine while swimming, the fatigue was evident after I got out of the pool.

5 x 200m
200m kick drills front
100m kick drills back
100m zipper
2 x 200m

Total = 1800 m

So what should I do? To swim or not to swim ...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home