Tuesday, August 28, 2001

Quebec Marathon - August 26, 2001

I am still alive. Let's just say that the Quebec Marathon was an experience that I will never forget. The first half of the marathon before the bridge was amazing since there was lots of support and cheering and music. Wow.

I was chugging along quite well until kilometre 23 when I got a massive cramp in my right quad, followed soon after by lotsa pain in my left knee (compensation, you know ...). I was suprised by how many people I was able to pass in the last 10km especially since, fearing that I wouldn't be able to finish, I stopped countless times to stretch and massage out my cramp.

I finished!

That feeling of crossing the finish line and realising that my dream had come true felt surreal yet incredibly emotional ... could I really have accomplished this?

It is now Tuesday, and I am obviously still sore, but still floating ...

There are bits and pieces of the marathon that I can't seem to remember ... but all in all, I had a most marvelous time, and might do it again ... keep you posted ... dreams do come true ... so go for it!!

Gun time: 4:18:36.8
Chip time: 4:17:47.2
Pace: 6:08 min/km

Overall place: 833/1255 (over 1500 registered)
Place (W 30-39): 42/77
Gender place: 109/226

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home